Faith!

Let's go somewhere to eat. Adi and Pooja shouted thoroughly.

Dad: Fine! 
Mom: Don't go anywhere!
Dad: I'll cook something. 
What!!! (Adi and Pooja said it in a low 
Dad: Yeah! 

(After some time, dinner was ready on the table, and dad made a call.)

Adi...pooja dinner is ready. Hurry up!

(Three of them started eating.)

Dad: How are your studies going?
Pooja: Desent. I have problems with some subjects.
Adi: Alright!
(Three of them know Adi just scored 79.9 percent in last year's exams.) and still he was saying alright. 
Dad: Then why do both of you always score less?
Pooja: When did I score less?
Adi: Silently. Ufff.
Dad: Tell me. What's the problem?
Pooja: I've got some problems in math.
Dad: And ADI. Do you have any problems?
Adi: Taking a long pause, he said, Yes, I do have problems with math.
Dad: Ok! I'll do something about it.

(Dad, after a short motivational lecture)

Dad: How much of a percent are both of you going to get in these final-year exams?
Pooja: I'll score more than 95%.
Adi: I replied nothing.
Dad: (asked with an infuriating tone)
Adiiiii.  Tell me otherwise!
Adi: I can be in the third or second position in class.
Dad: Why not first?
Adi: Again, repeated, I can be in the third or second position in class.

(He again got scolded by his dad.) But he didn't change his statement.

After 6 months...
Arti actually scored more than 95% and secured second place in class.
And Adi, aka Adarsh, secured 3rd division in class.

That dining table conversation changed my perception of faith. But unfortunately, after that conversation, I never had such a conversation again.

So, this was my real-life incident. Now, when I reflect on it, I find that, like everybody else, I have also had limiting beliefs. That's why I managed to secure the third rank. And my sister imagined big, and yeah, she worked too. But her faith was way more irresistible than mine.
Also in the book The Secret, the word "faith" is repeated many times. It suggests that if you have faith that something will happen and you work wholeheartedly for it, then it will surely happen. That's it for today!

I hope you enjoyed it!

Adarsh 

8 Comments

  1. Your writing deeply connects with me. I encourage you to keep writing. 😊

    ReplyDelete

  2. Whoa!
    Well said! I too have read that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book is quite amazing nah?
      You have a good taste man. Keep reading

      Delete

  3. Tum 3rd bhi aaye ho! Tumne kabhi batya nhi. 😂 Waise ye book to maine hee suggest ki thi tumko. Mughe bhi khusi hue jan kar ke tumne isse padha.
    Keep Reading, Keep Writing. ♥

    ReplyDelete

  4. I have had heard jim carry talking about law of attraction!
    Faith is a very beautiful thing have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Yeah!
      Faith is really one of the beautiful thing ❤ you can have.

      Delete


Liked the post? We want to hear it from you...